Skip to main content

Mason Child Relocation Lawyer

Experienced Child Custody Advocates

If your child is subject to a custody and parenting time order in Michigan, that child’s home cannot be moved more than 100 miles without the approval of a judge. In many cases, it is possible to obtain such an order, but only through assertive representation by an experienced family law attorney.

At Noud & Noud, our attorneys have more than 70 years combined family law experience, including contested child custody cases and proposed child relocations. We are strong advocates for our clients, and we are determined to protect their rights. Contact our firm as soon as possible to schedule a consultation about your case.

Protecting Your Rights, Achieving Your Goals

The parent who wishes to relocate must file a Petition for Change of Domicile, which can be contested by the non-relocating parent who has parenting time rights. As with every child custody matter, the court will decide the issue based on several factors, including what is in the child’s best interest.

When you discuss your situation with one of our experienced Mason child relocation attorneys, we will explain the legal issues and facts that will shape the outcome, along with the available legal strategies and their likely outcomes. In some cases, it may be possible to negotiate a solution that is acceptable to all parties. For example, the non-relocating parent may agree to the relocation, in exchange for extended parenting time during the summer months and during the holidays. In other cases, there may be no possibility of a negotiated or mediated outcome, and only through assertive litigation can you protect your rights.

Whatever the nature of your parental relocation case, the lawyers at Noud & Noud will vigorously represent you at every stage of the legal process.

To learn more about your legal options, contact our firm for a consultation with one of our Mason and East Lansing visitation rights attorneys.

Contact Us

    I have read the disclaimer.